Sunday 4 December 2011

Solo but Snotty

Performed a nice little support slot for Fish (he of Marillion) in the East Quay in Whitstable, last night. I don't get to play on my own very often so its always a nice change.
The bad part about it was my cold. I'm sure other performers will know that feeling when you wake up with no nose usage.
"Oh Bugger!"
So you run to the chemist, buy EVERYTHING and hope you don't accidentally overdose.
headline "LOCAL MUSO FOUND DEAD. CAUSE OF DEATH THOUGHT TO BE LEMSIP"
Then you have that weird period where you convince yourself that the drugs are working. That is then replaced by the feeling that it's not the drugs, you were just getting better anyway. That feeling is finally replaced by the acknowledgement that it was the drugs but you are now not sure which one of the three it was. Only thing to do is carry on and hope the side-effects that are listed on the packet, don't kick in.
Well, lucky for me I got through the gig. It was a strange sensation, being bunged-up. It felt like playing under water. Not that I have any first hand experience of that but I'm guessing. My voice slowly returned, just in time for the last song. All's well that ends well.

Ok, time to see if a pint of beer works as well as Beechams.

Cheers!

1 comment: