Monday 11 May 2015

Birthday Ramblings

Ok. I've finally finished celebrating my birthday. It has been great fun and all those people who cancelled (a lot of people who no longer fall under the 'friend' category) missed out on a hell of a good weekend.
A lot of people continue to be surprised by why and for how long I celebrate my birthday and I never tire of explaining why.

I was brought up in a family of entertainers. My mum and dad were both performers and my grandad was a legend of the London club scene. There was never any doubt about how we as kids would turn out and thank god that was the case.
The very idea of not having a party is (and always shall be) ridiculous. I was surrounded by parties and laughter since I was born and the very idea that I should allow an excuse for good people to enjoy themselves to pass by is just plain dumb. I have the best friends in the world and genuinely all I want is for them to have a good time. Smiling is the best thing in the world and in this day and age it's more important than ever. My delight in my friends and family's happiness is beyond measure. 

..so basically what I am trying to say is that you are all awesome. I feel sorry for all the people that don't have you as friends.

As Bill Shakespeare said, "But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, All losses are restored and sorrows end."

Thank you dear friends x

No comments:

Post a Comment